Ingredients1 cup of salted butter, diced and frozen
1 1/4 cup of flour
1/4** cup of very cold almost frozen water
- Add flour and butter to a food processor
- Using the blade attachment, pulse until mixture resembles course crumbs
- Slowly add water, a little at a time until it holds together
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 4 hours
- Roll out on a floured surface. The key to this is to not overwork it. Handle and roll as little as possible.
*note* you can use it right away, but it is much more buttery and flaky if chilled.
** Depending on moisture, you may need more or less than this. Watch the dough.